Friday 22 May 2009

Explore, Play, Appreciate

Having written many academic and non-academic articles on Creativity and the stages of creativity, I am now working on making this topic more interesting and accessible to people of all ages and all walks of life.

I have written extensively on I-VOLUTION where I explain the 7 stages in creative thinking. These are:
  1. Interest, Initialisation, Introduction
  2. Interaction
  3. Immersion
  4. Incubation
  5. INSIGHT, innovation
  6. Integration (personal level or specific area)
  7. Integration (globally)

Through experience in coaching and consulting, I have come to condense these stages into 3 steps. These are:

  1. Explore
  2. Play
  3. Appreciate

I have found this new Creative Thinking Model can hold and transmit more information in less time - it's more efficient, effective and versatile.

I am currently writing a knol with the title "Possibility Thinking - explore, play, appreciate" to present a simple, fun and valuable exercise with wide application.

No comments:

Post a Comment