Thursday 28 May 2009

One-Minute Coach

While I was at a 2 day coaching seminar, I discussed my strategy for giving my book Passion to Performance more body. My initial thoughts in writing my book was to provide a training manual/ workbook for running workshops, one on one coaching and even self-coaching.

My thought was to provide good research and background info and keep it primarily experiential.

At the end of the seminar, 2 people won coaching manuals. I started thinking - that was the idea of my book, I should have put the word manual or workbook on the cover so I don't have to explain this.

One thought led to another, like it usually does, and I thought, well I could repackage it even as a blog and call it "one minute coach". After all, transformation happens one thought at a time, for practical purposes say one minute at a time. Then it occurred to me that I like the sound of "10-minute coach" even more. I could coach somebody anywhere, even on the run or in a coffee shop or park while walking. Two times five minutes is also a powerful number. Of course clients can self-coach or use my book and even weblogs to the same effect.

Just imagine if you opened an inspiring book in a bookshop, picked up an idea (whether a quotation, a story, five lines, a page, whatever). You then spent 5 to 10 minutes thinking only on this (in an experiential way). Even this thought can transform the way you perceive time and energy investment.

To make a long story short, I won't be calling myself a one minute coach. I also won't be calling myself a ten minute coach. Why not? A simple search with google , will answer this.

You can still experience transformation in 1 minute or 5 or 10, by simply checking out coaching websites and weblogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment